Saturday, July 30, 2011

Roseanne Roseannadanna

Now and then I encounter something that reminds me that much of the world around me no longer understands the same things I understand as common knowledge. Today, my regular lunch server’s pride in bringing my order together so quickly only to find at the last moment something was missing, quickly turned to frustration.

Gilda Radner’s character, Roseanne Roseannadanna immediately came to my mind…. "Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something--if it ain't one thing, it's another."

My server is about 40, bright, and enthusiastic, but before quoting Roseanne’s maxim to her, I first asked, “do you know Roseanne Roseannadanna?” Her expressionless smile gave me my answer. Never mind, I said….just remember, it’s always something.

Adios

No comments: